American Organ Institute Archives & Library
Database in Progress
The mission of the American Organ Institute Archives & Library (AOIAL) is to support and strengthen pipe organ scholarship, performance, technical skill, creativity, and craftsmanship by providing collections, services, and environments that enhance intellectual discovery and growth for the American Organ Institute, College of Fine Arts, Univeristy of Oklahoma community and all those who support preserving the musical heritage of the “King of Insturments.” The AOIAL is dedicated to collecting, preserving, and making accessible primary and secondary source materials related to the American pipe organ, while also promoting interest in the history and culture of said instrument. The AOIAL houses both the American Organ Institute Archives and Library General Collections and the American Theatre Organ Collections.
The AOIAL general collections contain mostly scores and manuscripts spanning all major genres and eras of organ literature.
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.)
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.